Human Resources Services:
MEP Services serves as the employer of record for all school employees, yet allows the school to customize the benefit package it wishes to offer. Our staff coordinate all of the personnel, benefit, compensation, and other HR issues. The current staff of the school will become the employees of MEP Services and leased back to the Academy.
· Process Payroll
Semi monthly check distribution
Customized reports that correspond to the Michigan School Chart of Accounts
· Benefit Administration – custom designed to meet your school’s needs and budget requirements. Full time benefits coordinator assists staff with all insurance questions and billing issues. Options include:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Short Term Disability, In house HRA
· Annual Employee Orientation Meeting and staff meetings as needed and requested
· Staff Recruitment
· Consultations on employee hiring, termination and discipline
· Offers of Employment
· Employee Handbook and required personnel posters
· Annual projections of salary and benefit expenses for budgeting
· All state required personnel documentation
· Registration of Educational Personnel (REP) reporting to Michigan Department of Education
· Authorizer and MDE audits
· 401(K) Administration and investment planning
· Workman’s Compensation and Unemployment Insurance
· Certification, Mentor, and Professional Development tracking of professional personnel
· Special Education staff reporting to the ISD and MDE
· COBRA administration
· Management and training of online substitute planning and absence tracking program and sub pool
MEP Services is committed to developing clear contracts and relationships between our business and the school’s Board and the school’s authorizer. We will develop a contract with the school that clearly defines what services will be provided by MEP Services at our expense and what services will be directed by MEP Services but paid for by the school. Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting in a timely fashion to the board is our commitment. Open and clear documentation of all business transactions will be the basis of our partnership with the Board. The same values will be evidenced in our work with the school employees.
MEP Services has a business office comprised of ten staff members. Maria Dockins is the President and CFO and manages the business office. Ms. Dockins has been working with Michigan charter schools for over 17 years overseeing all areas of school accounting and financial procedures. We also employ a comptroller who is a CPA and holds a Masters in Business Administration. Our accounting practices are in compliance with the Michigan School Accounting Manual and GASB. MEP Services follows the Uniform Budget and Accounting Act in working with your school board and leadership to develop budgets and monitor performance. An essential part of our mission is transparency. Our financial reporting will fully articulate financial issues related to the academy. We incorporate financial best practices in developing budgets, allocating resources and maximizing revenue. We will work closely with your school leadership to develop procedures that help track expenditures and find savings were needed.
If you would like more information about these or other services we offer, click here.